Recently, my friend who happens to lurk around my blog sent me the results of an application that measures the level of education that is required to read a blog or a website (Phew! That was a mouthful). Apparently, all you have to do is input the URL of that specific blog or website, and then it gives you the results instantly. My friend took the test for me, and the result was shocking at first. It seems in order to understand my blog you must have a high school level of reading education or up.
I was bumped!
However, my friend eased my worries by pointing out the fact that having a lower level means more accessibility to a wider range of audience, and that made me quite happy to be honest.
So, I took the initiative and did the test for several of my favorite blogs. Now, if you feel that I have crossed the line in exposing your blog with such kind of information, please feel free to notify me and I’ll remove it as fast as possible. And please note that the credibility of this application is still undetermined; so don’t take the results too seriously. Otherwise, take a look at what I got so far:
So congratulations to 3baid, I guess, for having a Genius level that outmatches most blogs I can think of. It seems he is deeper than I originally thought, which shouldn’t come as a surprise since he comes up with his own quotes and personal sayings that are brimming with wisdom and intellectuality.
But still, that doesn’t hide the fact that the application is a little iffy…
This is has got to be one of the funniest viral videos I’ve ever seen. The video claims to be SFW, but it is so NOT in my opinion. Watch it only if you are over 18 and/or have an incredible sense of humor. Otherwise, avert your eyes and go read something else. Hey, there’s always Archive.
It seems that the future is, indeed, now and that the inevitable War of the Machines has come to pass. Sometime in June of this year, sixty foot arachnid appeared on a derelict building near Liverpool’s Lime Street station. The mechanical spider is the work of art collaborative La Machine, who’s previous work includes the Sultan’s Elephant, which captivated London in 2006. The £1.8 million robot was commissioned for the 2008 Capital of Culture celebrations, and is being billed as the highlights of the event.
Expected to “wake up” some day, the eight-legged monstrosity will descend on your House on Thursday night and begin exploring your neighborhood the day after, ending with a “spectacular finish”. I encouraged you to arm yourselves accordingly. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going down into my concrete bunker.
- Click HERE to check out the Flickr set
- Click HERE for the BBC News script
According to Rotten Tomatoes, that is. Not a terrible list, though, if I were making a list on what I thought were the best animated films of all time, I’m not sure I’d put movies like Kung Fu Panda, Corpse Bride, or Antz on it (much as I like them, they’re not really “classics”). But, hey, we’re talking about Rotten Tomatoes here. No “best movies” list they make is perfect.
And also, where the hell is my Grave of Fireflies? That movie almost left me in tears when I saw it long ago, and it still resonates with me to this very day.
CHECK OUT THE LIST HERE
Women favored the slim body of Tillie, while men lusted over Anna's size 12 figure.
This post might be a little NSFW due to the images attached, so be cautious.
The British website Fabulous Mag has conducted a survey asking the visitors of their website (men and women) about their most ideal body type for a woman, and the results came quite shocking. It seems men and women have very different ideas about the perfect female figure. According to the results, it has been found that:
- Women yearn for the waspish waist of a size 8 model; men hanker after a curvy size 12 with hips.
- When men were asked what they would alter about their partner’s appearance, the majority said they were perfectly happy. In fact, the only thing they’d wish for that their women would love their bodies as much as they do.
- When asked about which female celebrity has the best body, men chose the English model/actress Kelly Brook as their ideal prototype, while women favored the English actress/model/singer/TV presenter Myleene Klass.
So girls, don’t blame us men for the long hours you stay in the gym or for the extensive months of deprivation you have to put up through to gain the perfect body. It’s your own delusions that have been keeping you away from that Haagen-Dazs pint in your fridge. Us men are reasonable creatures (well, sort of), we ain’t demanding much.
- For a much detailed report, click HERE and HERE
Kelly Brook - Men's favorite body for women
Myleene Klass - Women's ideal body for women
How to sum up the most awaited gaming convention that almost every gamer in the world was waiting for since July of last year?
It. Sucked. Major. Ass
- Microsoft’s conference was flashy and hip just like last year, but it didn’t have as many surprises and announced titles as initially anticipated. The new Avatar system was a nice addition even though it was a clear rip-off from Wii’s Mii functionality. Gears of Wars 2 and Fallout 3 weren’t big surprised since it was announced weeks before E3. But, I guess the confirmation of Final Fantasy XIII coming to Xbox360 was definitely an unexpected turn of event. I always thought Metal Gear Solid 4 would squeeze its way to Microsoft’s cherished home console, but Final Fantasy XIII, not in a million years. I think I’m more surprised how Sony let this game slipped from their hands than anything else. And finally, Banjo-Kazooie remake announcement has definitely made my day and made me more eager to snag an Xbox360.
- Sony’s conference was a snooze fest as always. The video renting service didn’t do a thing for me at all, and the announcement of God of World III was expected, unfortunately, the trailer that was shown wasn’t direct gameplay footage, but I don’t think the game would change significantly from its predecessors. The price cut however was nice; despite the fact it served the same function as the 40GB model (i.e. no backward compatibility with PS1 and PS2 games).
And that’s all she wrote folks. Click HERE to sink your teeth for more E3 news as it comes. Who knows, we might get a surprised announcement from some publisher since E3 still hasn’t closed its doors for its attendants.
P.S. Please, take off your fanboysim shoes at the discussion door before you chip in your 2 cents. It won’t be tolerated here.